View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyx
Admin

Male Posts : 5305
Credits : 1988

PostSubject: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:02 pm

Sable coughed and sputtered as he got up slowly, rubbing his head and spitting out the dry dust that was in his mouth and nose. He looked around the dark tunnel and looked up through the hole he ad fallen through. He and the others were running from a few erasers, and the ground had given away. The dirt wasnt moist in the least. just dry and dusty, sticking under the nails with an irritating itch. Sable turned his hunter green eyes down the single passage way and let the corner of his mouth turn up as he got to his feet. His revolver still in hand the boy went forwards, wanting to get distance in case an eraser found the hole.

Nyx Stopped behind a moss covered rock, hearing Sables surprised choke as he fell through the ground. An eraser growled nearby trying to find Nyx's scent. Thankfully the genetically enhanced boy chose not to have one at that moment.

There's one sad truth in life I've found
While journeying east and west -
The only folks we really wound
Are those we love the best.
We flatter those we scarcely know,
We please the fleeting guest,
And deal full many a thoughtless blow
To those who love us best.
Nyx Sable Lanius Leanne Demmetias
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bioshockrp.canadian-forum.com
Cypruss

Female Posts : 993
Credits : 1943

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:29 pm

Zale had been dashing through the forest, and for quite a while. She had begun to get tired, but she couldn't lose now. It was kind of every man for himself, but a still leave no man behind situation. Non of them would survive if they were ALL captured. She was on her own by this point, and the next step she took, a ground full of mud had sent her flying into the base of a tree. She stood, ready to take off again, when the mud under her foot began to sink in, and quickly. She gasped, feeling the ground at the trunk of the tree give in, and drag her down. Zale clawed at the ground, trying to pull herself u, untill the light faded into darkness. The moment she began to think she'd suffocate, the ground surrounding her cracked, and she fell about 21 feet onto a solid marble floor. "A ah" She cried out, grasping the left side of her body. She bit her lip, muffling a scream mainly so the Erasers wouldn't hear her. A single stream of light showed in the room, aiming right at a giant steel wheel. She limped to her feet, struggling to make it to the switch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:41 pm

Nyx chuckled as the eraser left the area. The second he stood up though. The world shifted, the dense ground beneath him suddenly breaking away and letting him fall onto the hard ground underneath. He looked around the unlit room, across the room he spotted Zale limping towards a wheel. Nyx stood up with a groan and stretched his back before slowly walking over as he shapeshifted away his wounds. "You ok?"

Sable could barely see a thing as he stumbled through the darkness. He could tell there were many tunnels, but he had no idea which were exits and which were not, or if any were. He sighed and clenched his pistol as he continued feeling the walls.

Back to top Go down
Cypruss

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:02 pm

"No.." Zale answered. Her hip and shoulder throbbed, and breathing made her left side ache. What she worried about most was her elbow, which she couldn't even use to bend it straighten her arm. Grasping the wheel, Zale put pressure down, turning the wheel. As she turned the wheel, beams of light began to trickle around the room, untill the whole room was lit. Well, more like a cave, with an underground temple entrance. A system of mirrors had shown full marble columns, outlining a giant arch. An arch, whom was dark on the inside.
Zale winced as she walked into the center of the small cavern. She stared at the entrance, standing next to Nyx, clutching her arm. "Any ideas?" She grimaced, letting out a small huff of air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Nyx turned his head to the surface and let out a huff before shrugging. "Its not safe to return where we came from... not much we can do but go deeper.... Do you need help walking?" He asked as He finished healing over the torn ligaments in his right foot. I can hold you up or carry you if you need it." He offered Pulling out his knife as he looked into the archs entrance. "Damn thats dark..."

Back to top Go down
Cypruss

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Zale grunted, giving a slight nod. "Please... Untill it can start healing" She said, pulling her arm around his shoulders. She stared into the darkness, and bit her lip. "Did anyone else fall down into here?" She asked, looking to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:22 pm

Nyx reached into his pocket and pulled out his lighter, handing it too Zale's free hand. "Honestly I dont know, no ones in here with us, but they could be in a different room." He slipped a hand around her side and took a hold of her hand to help support his weight, but his breath caught a little. He'd known Zale for quite some time now... but... He looked down for a moment at his hand around her side. His body stopped for a moment as his brain tried to process what he was thinking. She smells pretty good... and is so... soft... He thought quickly before mentally backhanding himself. Nyx gritted his teeth and looked ahead. "Alight, so every minute or so just flick the lighter so we can see whats up ahead, we dont want to fall in another hole." He told her before starting forwards, keeping as much weight off her as he could.

Back to top Go down
Cypruss

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:05 pm

Sale stopped for a moment, her eyebrows furrowed. "...uh.. " She stuttered, clearing her throat. She gave a disapproving look to Nyx, before grabbing the lighter. She could feel her elbow start to heal, but she still had trouble lighting the damn thing. As soon as they entered into the darkness, the light behind them had been swallowed and they were left in the pitch black. "Hold on" She attempt to flick the light on, but the pain in her arm increased. "Ah!" She gasped. A freezing jolt shot through her shoulders and neck, and she froze, the lighter falling out of her hand. "Fuck!" She screeched. She grabbed Nyx's arm with her better hand, and tried feeling around for it. Unfortunately, when the lighter fell, it didn't make a clang, but instead, a splash, and before she could realize what was happening, her foot had already slipped over an unwelcomed edge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Nyx frowned as the lighter fell and the room became fully black. "Be careful...." He mutter before suddenly Hid body was jerked as the girl slipped. "Fuck!" He grunted as his foot slipped in the wet puddle and he fell forwards. Quickly He reached forwards and locked his free hand onto the opposite edge of the hole, his foot bridging the gap as his occupied arm tightened on her side and twisted, pulling her against his chest while his back aimed it self down the unknown hole. He panted roughly as his wrist rapidly began to burn with pain as the Tendons tried to keep his body as a bridge. Zale was facing up, on his chest like a crude flash board across the hole. "Quick. To. Other. Side." He gasped as one of his nails broke off and the decrease of friction holding them up caused his hand to slide closer to the edge of the hole.

Back to top Go down
Cypruss

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:29 pm

Zale screeched, grabbing onto Nyx as tight as she could. She couldn't tell whether this situation would be more frightening in the light, or the current darkness. She figured it was best to be in the dark. She didn't like being underground, and not knowing how tight a certain space was, would probably be for the best. "Okay, bare with me" She said, pulling her legs close to her chest. "I'm going to push off you, at the same time, you will fly back out of the hole. I'll just cling to the side of the hole, and climb back up" she spoke quickly. "Okay, 1,2,3" She didn't really give him time to answer, much less , disagree, and pushed off of Nyx's chest. She hoped they had gone flying in opposite directions, just as she had planned. Hitting the wall of the hole, she immediately clung to it with a grunt. After a few seconds she breathed. "Did you make it?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Nyx as Zale pushed off, and Nyx kicked against the side of the wall, grabbing the other side with his bloodied hand before pulling himself up and rolling over the side. "Yah... Im up." He breathed heavily before looking for her despite the darkness. "Where are you...? I can jump the hole and make it too you.." He told her as his hands felt for the edge. "I really hate this place..." He grumbled before rubbing his wrist.

Back to top Go down
Cypruss

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:56 pm

"Good... Well, I'm in the dark, clung to the side of a wall, trying not to fall into a hole" Zale grunted and she pulled up once, pushing through the pain in her arm. She bit her lip, as her hand slipped and she fell back to her original position. "It's too dark..." She mumbled, adjusting her hand. And as if her luck increased, she could begin to see things. Light started to glow from the bottom of the hole. As she looked down, light rippled through water. Clear blue water. It was really pretty actually, and she looked up. The drop wasn't that deep, and if she fell, the water would break her fall. There wasn't any sense in not trying now. Bracing herself, she pushed up again, gripping the wall. Slowly but surely, she started to climb higher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:03 pm

The corridor got a small bit brighter and Nyx could make out the dge of his surroundings, going to the edge of the hole, he jumped and landed on the other side, reaching his hand down to pull Zale up. Gripping her sides he heaved her up and onto the ledge before sitting down to rest. "Ok... so that was not fun..." He complained as he looked over the edge. "Wonder why its glowing..."

Back to top Go down
Cypruss

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:11 pm

Zale grabbed onto Nyx as he dragged her up. "Thanks" She said, rubbing her arm. Her ribs felt better and her leg was completely fine. It was just her arm, it didn't hurt as much as before, maybe the adreniline kicked in, but it was still pretty sore as she cradled it. Staring down at the water, she was about to answer, when she heard a small voice. It sound like a small bird squawk, but with a little pleading cry. Her ears perked, and she turned to Nyx. "Did you hear that?" It sounded again, but a little louder. She could make out a voice crying for help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:17 pm

Nyx nodded and looked around but with the way the tunnel was shaped he couldnt be sure where it was coming from. "Hello?" He called looking to Zale before doing a 360 to see if he could tell where it was from. "I cant tell..." He told her as he rubbed his wrist again. "How is your leg?" He asked wondering if they should go looking for the owner of the voice.

Back to top Go down
Cypruss

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:25 pm

"Wait wait.. Shhh" Zale clamped a hand over Nyx's mouth. She nodded to his question, implying that she was fine. "Zale help me please!" She could hear the small voice. She could hear splashing, and looked down at the water. "Virgo?!" She called, shivers ran up her spine, as no answer called. "Hello... Virgo?" "Help me!" Zale jumped slightly. "We have to get her... " She said to Nyx. She started to scoot herself over the edge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:36 pm

Nyx's instincts took over, a female needing help wasnt possible to ignore. Without another word Nyx jumped down the hole, his body clenching up sickeningly before hitting the glowing water with a splash. He coughed up water and took a breath, his feet touched the bottom and he looked around. "Hello?" he sputtered wiping water from his eyes.

Back to top Go down
Cypruss

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Virgo splashed. Her wings were soaked wet, not really a good use in water, especially when they weight her down. The water was too deep for her to touch the bottom, and her swimming abilities were weak. "Nyx help!" She tried swimming, a small current flowing.

"Nyx!" Zale watched as he jumped. She was slightly startled, but felt better knowing he would be able to get to her quickly. Descending faster, she reached the mouth of the cavern. Using her abilities, the ground shifted, creating a platform for her to stand on and pull them up onto, to get them out.
------ yes
Cypruss pulled her foot out of the sand as she stumbled forward. Her whole body was covered in it, her clothes soaked. She had outrun the Erasers, but somehow found her way underground. "Ugh, ew..." She grimaced, walking forward. She walked in silence for a bit, trying to find a way out, but couldn't seem to find one. After a while, she heard other noises. Other footsteps, as if someone were walking toward her. She stopped, staring into the dim light. "Sable?" She spoke...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:25 pm

Nyx Pushed off from the bottom the second his eyes spotted Virgo. He swam over and quickly picked her up and let her cling around his throat. "Its alright, just hold on." He told her moving towards one of the walls. "Fuck this is going to suck..." He grumbled before shape shifting his hands so his nails were thicker and longer before pushing them into the cracks on the wall and slowly climbing up the steep slope.

Sable stopped walking and looked down the dark hallway not quite able to see. "Cypruss?? your here?" He was thrilled to know she was alright. "You alright?" He asked moving steadily towards her.

Back to top Go down
Cypruss

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Virgo coughed up a bit, wrapping her arms around Nyx's neck.

Zale crouched, holding out her hand. "Nyx, give her to me. I'll pull her up."

"Yes, I'm fine, just covered in a lot of sand." Cypruss grimaced, pulling at her clothes. "What about you? Is anyone else with you?" She looked around, half expecting someone else to appear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:27 pm

Nyx kept his nails dug into the rock and lifted Virgo with one of his arms, passing her up to Zale. When they were out of the holes field of vision he climb up over the side and shifted his hands back to normal before laying his wet self onto the dusty ground.

Sable moved towards Cypruss and sighed before shrugging. "No one fell down where I did at least." He told her gentle. "Any idea of a way out?"

Back to top Go down
Cypruss

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Zale grabbed Virgo's arm and drew her up. She then grabbed Nuc and helped pull him up. Once up, she reached over and pulled Virgo into her chest. "Oh thank the lord" She breathed. Virgo coughed a few times, spitting out water, trembling from the cold water. "Where are we?" She asked. Zale used her powers to pull out ledges in the dirt, to create a later out of the hole. "Currently, in a hole. Comm on, climb" She motioned for Virgo to climb. Grabbing onto the ledges, Zale turned back to Nyx. "Thank you" She said quietly, giving him a small smile.

Cypruss shook her head. "None that I know of." She said, looking around. "I see light, but no way out." She looked back to him. "What do you suppose we do?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:49 am

Nyx smiled back as he shapeshifted the wounds on his fingers away. "Dont mention it." He told her before taking one more look around and following them up.

Sable scratched his head and pulled his revolver out, tapping the hard metal on the wall, he listened for the echo as it rang down the tunnel. He did it a few more times before looking towards the turn to their left. "Thats the way with the least amount of echo." HE told her. "So if there is an exit it'll let some of the noise out..." He offered shrugging.

Back to top Go down
Cypruss

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:33 pm

Zale made her way up the later. Once at the top, she grabbed Virgo's hand. she stepped back in surprise once she looked up. There was a path, leading to a curve, but the only reason she could see it, was from the many holes in the ground that glowed, like the one they had just climb out of. "What the hell...". She looked to Nyx. What if... the hole was alive?... Nah, that's ridiculous. It possibly couldn't. "Should we follow it?" She asked. "Well... There's no other way anyway..."

Cype began to follow the bath. If it weren't for their footsteps, the silence would've driven her mad. "So... Any idea what happened to the Erasers?" She asked. The next step she touch kind of took her by surprise, as her leg sunk knee deep into mud. "Ack!" She stumbled forward, her hands then sunk into the mud. "Oh come on.... I just had to deal with quicksand...not mud.." She frowned, pulling a hand out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briana Marie

Female Posts : 10
Credits : 1230

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:39 pm

(Where's a good place I can hop in?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A mine? or a labyrinth?    

Back to top Go down

A mine? or a labyrinth?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next