Share | 

Christmas Stories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack

Male Posts : 363
Credits : 1604

PostSubject: Christmas Stories   Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:23 pm

So... Here's the story of my best Christmas ever. If you have your own Christmas story, feel free to tell us here.

So, back in the Christmas of 99', that was probably the best Christmas Eve/Christmas ever. It's always better when your a kid. So anyways, this was back when I still had my dad with us. Now, all my siblings, cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncles would get together every Christmas. Now, of course, a few of my siblings weren't even born back then. But for siblings, it was me, my older brother Chris, who was 8, and my younger sister Alex, who was 2 or 3 back then. I was almost 5, about a little more than a week away. So we all got together in my grandparents house, which was rather small, right at the edge of town. Now, back then, me and all my cousins and siblings would walk into town, and stand on the street corner.

This was kind of a tiny town, so our parents let my brother Chris and the other older cousins watch after us. So we would go to the street corner, and look at all the cool toys in the windows, all pointing at which ones we wanted. We would also go look in the candy shop, and practically drool over everything there. We would all be in our coats, hats, jackets, and all that fun stuff. There would be at least 10 or 12 of us back then, most around our age. I remember how fun it was. We would never actually go into the stores, because we didn't have the money. So we walked back after about an hour or so.

So what I remember vividly, is this one part. I remember that my brother Chris took me, our cousin Matt, who was his age, and our cousin Kevin, who was my age. He was also my best friend for a while, since he went to the same school as me. So anyways, we had asked us if we wanted to go on an "adventure". Me and Jack were really curious back then, so... Yeah. So anyways, we went to the school playground, where a bunch of kids were just playing around. There were no parents, because everyone just knew each other that well. So anyways, we went to this slide that no one would ever actually go on, because it was really old and rusty and stuff. Chris told me that they weren't even allowed to go on it at recess, because the teachers didn't trust it. My grandpa even said it was there when he had gone to school there (that freakin old -_- ). So Chris, of course, told us that no kid ever had gone down the slide, and the last kid that did died. I now know that that was an obvious lie, but not then. I, of course, believed him. I didn't notice at the time, but the thing looked so close to collapsing. It's long gone now, because the school finally got enough money to take it out. But anyways, Chris pressured me into going down it (still not sure how...)

Now, yesterday, I was climbing up a ladder to help put Christmas lights up, and I got this crazy feeling of Nostalgia. And this was it.

I remembered that feeling in the pit of my stomach, and the cold, frosty, snowy metal against my hands. The whole time, I felt so small on this huge slide. So I finally get to the top, and take a deep breath. Now, I was, and still am, pretty brave and reckless. But I was still having second thoughts. I remember calling down to Chris that I was scared, and he called me a baby. And that just got to me. So I closed my eyes, and started to go down the slide. I remember how slick and icy it was. And guess what? I fell of the slide half way down. It was a good 3-3 1/2 ft drop to the ground from there, and I managed to fall in the only part with almost no snow to cushion my fall. I remember I had just started crying, and Chris had to give me a piggy back ride back home. I remember Matt had actually gotten a little mad at Chris for "pressuring" me do that. So the four of us walking home, me crying and sniffling the whole way home. And when we walked in, my Mom had, of course, came over and asked me what had happened. And she told me now, that I had told her that I slipped on some ice. I mean, I just always looked up to Chris. He always seemed so cool to me. He was, as you can say, my role model.

And that night, when our parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles got around the table on the porch to play cards, all of us kids had gotten on the couch/floor in front of the fire to watch "A Christmas Story". We were all in our pajamas, and we had a few pillow cases filled with popcorn. I remember out old dogs (black and yellow lab) had curled up on the rug in front of the fireplace. A few kids even fell asleep leaning on them, and stuff. Chris had thanked me for not ratting him out. Eventually, I fell asleep, my head resting on his shoulder. And even back then, I was rockin' my awesome hairstyle.

And when we woke up, we opened presents. I remember I got a patriots football, toy firetruck, fireman helmet, and a few other toy trucks.

Whew... That's only part of that Christmas. And that was my best Christmas ever!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Christmas Stories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1